Monday, December 24, 2012

The Day Between Christmas

Twas the day between Christmas and all through the house,
Not a laptop was open and nor was a mouse.
The stockings were taken from the chimney and shared,
And the Tablets were worth all that we beared.

My Italian family traditionally  celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve with fish and pasta and presents and lots of laughter and love. This year we celebrated on December 23rd just because it worked out better logistically for most of us.

We had all the same ingredients for a happy holiday even though we held it a day early.  In another twist on tradition, I actually assisted in preparing the meal.  Yes, I made TWO different kinds of lasagna, which is one of just a handful of dishes in my limited culinary repertoire.  I just wanted to put that out there because no one seemed to believe it last night.  Of course my husband made everything else.

Now we plan to have Chinese food and a movie on Christmas Day which IS our tradition, but this has left us with a curious situation of having a day between our two holidays this year. 

In a bold move, we opened our stockings today instead of waiting until Christmas Morning.  But mostly today became Tablet Day in our household, a brand new holiday where my husband and I spend most of the day discovering and exploring our new Samsung Galaxy 2 (his) and I -Pad Mini (mine), the tablets we have worked so hard to choose over the past few months as Christmas presents.  Let me tell you it was SUCH a surprise when we opened the packages we had lovingly wrapped a day or so earlier. 

It has provided hours of fun so far.  I was determined to produce this blog using my new toy- er, I mean, I-Pad Mini and so I have, albeit a little late. 

Here it is with my sincerest wishes for a Happy Christmas to all of you who celebrate.  Now I think it's time to get back to that long  winter's nap that is so overdue.

1 comment:

  1. merry day between...............!and always go for the bold move !!!

    ReplyDelete

On This Day My Child Was Born

  It  was February 13 th .  I was 8 ½ months pregnant and returning to work after my weekly gynecologist appointment. My doctor said he th...