Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jane, Zooey and Blake - Oh, My!


So here I am chilling and decompressing after my final performance as Mrs. Paroo in "The Music Man." On a whim I decide to do a "Which Celebrity You Look Like" facebook app which took my profile picture (which is me AS Mrs. Paroo) and instantaneously posted three celebrity matches for my character's face:  Zooey Deschanel, Jane Fonda and Blake Lively.  

Well, you know, maybe in my everyday life I look like Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence,  Bette Midler or Joy Behar. But once I put on the Ascot Opening Day hat, that little hairpiece, and my high-necked blouse, I am suddenly morphed into these stunning celebrities who will never, ever be asked to play Mrs. Paroo.  Not even Jane Fonda has that on her resume.  



Especially confusing is the inclusion of Blake Lively (who?) on the list.   Never has there existed on the earth an individual who looks less like me, with her long blond hair, and delicate features.  So what did this app see that I am missing?  At least Zooey Deschanel is a brunette, although I suppose she wouldn't be any happier with the comparison than Blake would.  



And, it seems that I look more like Jane Fonda in her Barbarella days when dressed like Mrs. Paroo than I do like the present day Jane Fonda.  
                                                                             
So, let's think about this.  They're all younger than me (including the sex-kitten version of Jane Fonda from the 60's) so perhaps Blake or Zooey could play me in the movie of my life, you know, as my younger self.  

Of course, this prompted my husband to say that he thought of me as more of a Sophia Loren type, only younger (of course), but this was from the man who loves me.  I'm pretty sure she would never be asked to play Mrs. Paroo either.  Then my son said that I looked like my "talented self."  You know, I'll take that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

On This Day My Child Was Born

  It  was February 13 th .  I was 8 ½ months pregnant and returning to work after my weekly gynecologist appointment. My doctor said he th...